Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:41 pm

2.00 -> 1.5 Downgrader Tutorial

:!: MAKE SURE YOU READ REALLY CAREFULLY :!:

BEFORE STARTING, DOWNLOAD THIS FILE: (It's a safe file) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9QCKJB31 **If the file has expired, please PM me and let me know

Step 1. Plug a USB cable on the top of your PlayStation Portable, Click on the USB Connection icon on your PlayStation Portable and it will bring you to a new screen. Click on "Open folders to view files".

Step 2. Now, go into your X:/PSP/PHOTO folder and delete everything that is it there. Now there should be a .PNG picture format called frame_buffer that you've downloaded earlier in Step 1, take frame_buffer and drag it into your X:/PSP/PHOTO. NOTE: There should be nothing in the X:/PSP/PHOTO folder except for the frame_buffer.PNG

Step 3. Now use your PlayStation Portable and make the frame_buffer.PNG picture as your background. To do that, go to photo on your PlayStation Portable main menu screen, and click X and view the picture, now click triangle and set it as your wallpaper.

Step 4. Repeat Step 2.

Step 5. Go to your X:/PSP/PHOTO folder and delete the frame_buffer.PNG picture that's in there. (Now you should have nothing in your X:/PSP/PHOTO folder, but still keep your wallpaper for your PlayStation Portable as the frame_buffer.PNG)

Step 6. From the file that you downloaded, there should be 2 files in the "Goes In Root File" folder called h and index. Drag the 2 files h and index into your Memory Stick root file. (That's the place that is beside your main PSP folder. X:/drag the 2 files in here.)

Step 7. Also, in the file that you downloaded contains another file in the photo folder called overflow. Take the overflow file and drag it into your X:/PSP/PHOTO. NOTE: Nothing should be in your X:/PSP/PHOTO folder now except for the overflow file.

Step 8. Now, with your PlayStation Portable, go to your photo icon which is located on the main menu screen of your PlayStation Portable. Click X on the photo icon, and now you should be at a black screen with numbers (this is normal) . Count to about 30-40 seconds and if your PlayStation Portable did not turn off, then manually, you should turn it off by holding the power button up until your PlayStation Portable turns off. NOTE: If your PlayStation Portable turns off right when you clicked on the photo icon, then I'm afraid to say, but your PlayStation Portable is bricked. If it didn't you've managed it and past through the bricking part.

Step 9. Repeat Step 2.

Step 10. You are now left with only 1 folder in the file that you downloaded at the beginning. The file is PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT. Take the UPDATE folder and drag it into your X:/PSP/GAME folder. (Make sure you have the AC adapter charger plugged into your PlayStation Portable so that it's charging and is at lease sitting at a level 2 battery power.

Step 11. Launch the EBOOT file on your PlayStation Portable main menu screen by going to game/memory stick. After a successful launch, you will go through the same process as if you were upgrading.

Step 12. The last and final step! The percent will go, but will stop at 99% and will give you an error screen, this is normal.

Turn off your PlayStation Portable and turn it back on. When you have turned it on, a blue screen will appear, just click O and your all set!
:!: :!:
Last edited by Surenix on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.
<<

jtwright

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:33 pm

nice toutral i will give a .01 out of 10. j/k 7 out of 10
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:41 pm

Thanks, that was very nice of you. :D
<<

shadox

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:36 pm

enixidefrag, the links for the downloads seem to be expired...
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:33 pm

this is awesome I need to downgrade a friends PSP this is very useful, thanks!
PS3 Friend Name:Supashay91
Passion,Joy,Sorrow,Pain and tears.
They will all be pabulum of your life.
<<

Samineru

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:47 pm

When I was looking around for how to downgrade my PSP I used something very similar to this method, there were two differences. First of all they made no mention of framebuffer.png, actually they specifically said it was not necessary. Second of all, my eboot.pbp did not work so I manually upgraded the psp at that step using coded arms, any 1.5 game will work.
<<

.Vault

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:55 pm

what are the letters on the box again that indicate ur psp version???!
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:33 am

StK PYRO wrote:what are the letters on the box again that indicate ur psp version???!

A = 1.50 (Homebrew Ready)
B = 1.51 (Can be downgraded)
C-E = 1.52 (Can be downgraded)
F = 2.00 (Can be downgraded)
G = 2.01 *(CANNOT be downgraded)
H = 2.50 *(CANNOT be downgraded)
<<

CLMT

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:51 am

u should just make that a skicky in all the forums.

XTag: |Br3w|CLMT
<<

psicryptor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:39 am

yeah good idea... i think a lot of ppl coming here might be looking for this...
"A dangerous deed, indeed, to contend with the man who sold the world!"
<<

.Vault

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:44 pm

aww. this sux... my third psp the box says "G" on it... antone wanna sell me a psp for a lower price?!
<<

mightydustloop

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:25 pm

Sticking Point

Here's a very odd question that, even though I've been to many boards, I've never seen mentioned. I have a PSP that's firmware shows as 2.00 in the "System Information" settings, and I follow the instructions in all the tutorials to a t (both the frame buffer method as well as the one that just skips over that part). Place the files in the photo folder, plain as day.

However, go in the photo folder on my PSP shortly after, absolutely nothing there. Doesn't see the files. I've done it with jpegs and not had this problem. They show up no problem. And the files are always still there when I rehook the connection back up to my PSP. But go into the folder on the actual PSP, nothing every time. Any idea if this is some sort of defect in the hardware or firmware anyone's ever heard of?
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:28 pm

Yea, that happened too me, just redo that step. When you do it right, you should have other odd files in your ROOT file. that's when you put in the UPDATE file of the 1.50 and then load that up, everything from then should work fine. Try it...
<<

Mailas

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:37 pm

I reccomend http://savefile.com for uploading things. Why?
1. Its more faster
2. It has a more better use of transferring safer files
3. It doesn't got things that can leads kids to *PUNCH* *smack* haha.
Anyways, good tutorial, although I can see some of the pics were from Nik's tutorial on the menu selection, its really good.
<<

Samineru

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:59 am

Mailas Gonrai wrote:more faster

More faster? I thought you had learned Mailas!
Next

Return to PSP Tutorials