http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9572
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:21 pm

never mind, figured it out, made the memory stick. I am trying to make a pandoras battery by desoldering the pin, but after looking at how small the pin is, I'm trying to find a different method. Has anybody used the Datel "TOOL" battery?
This is a sig. You may think that there is something to it, but in fact it is just an ordinary sig.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:32 pm

I wouldnt trust the TOOL battery. I just have a funny feeling with it. I just dont trust it. Make your own. I did post the thing on the HOME that says where to de solder.

Does your battery insides look the same as the pic i posted? Someone said it wasnt but thats what i saw
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:41 pm

The thing is, I opened my battery, and the insides do look the same as the pictures on the home page. I just don't trust myself to desolder something that small, I don't even think i have a soldering iron tip that small. The tool battery is the cheapest solution I can find because buying one of those is cheaper than buying another PSP battery. Any other suggestions?
This is a sig. You may think that there is something to it, but in fact it is just an ordinary sig.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:56 pm

Does your battery work with pandora or is it an anti-pandora one?

@someone else: So when making the magic memory stick, all you have to do is put some files on it right?
Will your magic memory stick work with a regular battery and turn your psp on, or is your magic mem stick defected, and only work to unbrick/downgrade your psp?
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:35 pm

The battery is "pandorable", so if I used a program it would work. But there's still the problem of my firmware being 3.71. I think I'll have somebody else do it.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:43 pm

This is an easier installer to run:
<<

sonic

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:51 am

Heeeeeelp. When I try to revert the memory card back to normal I get an error msg (800201 4C). I ran the creator and thats what I got.
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:16 pm

AdventWolf wrote:This is an easier installer to run:

I already tried that, it doesn't work without another psp that can run homebrew. I only have one psp, version 3.71, no friends that even know what homebrew is. are there any other ways besides the TOOL or desoldering?
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:24 pm

buying a pandoras battery and mem stick.
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:22 pm

Ok, one final question; it says in the tutorial that it installs an incomplete 1.50. To be safe, after pandora, should I use something like the lumines downgrader to make my 1.5 "complete"?
<<

blackzmage

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:13 pm

no, u might brick it but u can always update to a COMPLETE CUSTOM firmware though
<<

speed_raca7

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:00 pm

Im a bit lost right now. I put the pandora stuff on the memory stick and i think i broke the battery tho :roll: i took the correct pin off the SECOND time... the first time i took the pin off of another chip 27408 or sumthing like that and the pin ended up breaking off.. i used the battery like that to put the things on to the mem stick and it worked fine until i went to start up the installer, and error message came up so i decided to check the battery again, and found out i had desoldered the wrong one so i took the correct one off but because the first pin broke off, i dont think the battery's working. When i put it in the PSP the power light will just go on but nothing for the screen... i can only power it up with just the charger and no battery. I am not sure if my psp is homebrew capable, could someone explain that a little more for me?

:?:

edit:i just read that all homebrew wont work with psp's with version 7.2 SH!T, i updated it not too long ago. What if i just puposely brick my psp... whatever that means.
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:15 pm

Ok, first off, to brick a psp is to render it useless, so don't intentionally do it. secondly, do you mean you have 2.7 firmware? I think that's downgradeable. finally, I have read that a pandoras battery will automatically power on a psp when inserted, but if there is not the correct files on the stick, the screen will remain black.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:56 pm

He probably means 3.72, but it is fairly easy to make a pandora's battery and downgrade, or just open the battery up.
PreviousNext

Return to PSP Tutorials