Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

ok im a total newb with this kinda stuff need serious help

<<

adsmonster92

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:53 pm

ok im a total newb with this kinda stuff need serious help

as i said i'm a newb at this type of stuff and need sme serious help. have a psp that i recently upgraded to v3.11 it was originaly v2.71 but i upgraded it to v2.81 to play sw lethal alliance lol. well now i need help on how to get the firmware onto my psp, get emulaters on it, and how to put games/home brew on to my psp. all help appreciated!
<<

Figz

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:58 pm

if your at 3.11 you can't. don't upgrade anymore, sit tight and wait for an update
<<

stonecoldboy3

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:59 pm

sorry

3.11 has nothing :cry: but i have 3.10 oe-a2 :D
<<

adsmonster92

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:18 pm

lol

hmm thats odd i thought v3.11 had something b/c it said on pspupdates.com that they had cracked v3.11 lol
<<

arto14

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:23 pm

they just cracked it...... a little crack, thats all. u need a brake, or a snap in half if u want a downgrader.
myspace.com/pooponagansta
AIM=arto0121

talk to me =)
<<

stonecoldboy3

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:24 pm

yea it took 4 months for that 3.03 downgrader to come out for me
<<

arto14

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:43 pm

stonecoldboy3 wrote:yea it took 4 months for that 3.03 downgrader to come out for me

oh ya, by the way..... did u ever downgrade?
myspace.com/pooponagansta
AIM=arto0121

talk to me =)
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:00 pm

Re: sorry

stonecoldboy3 wrote:3.11 has nothing :cry: but i have 3.10 oe-a2 :D

<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:45 pm

Re: lol

adsmonster92 wrote:hmm thats odd i thought v3.11 had something b/c it said on pspupdates.com that they had cracked v3.11 lol

They did crack version 3.11, and it is ready for a downgrader and custom firmware and what not, but there isn't any actually beneficial "update" that is good enough to warrant the release of a new custom firmware so Dark_Alex is holding off on releasing that stuff. If you think about it he is doing something pretty smart. I'd say less than 3% of all psps have version 3.11 (sorry that you do) and since everyone was able to downgrade their psp at firmware 3.03 a while back, most people have been able to load custom firmware and everything.

My advice to you: just wait for a bit until Sony adds something nice to their firmware. The firmware will get cracked, and then you will be able to downgrade for all the goodies.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

PsyliX

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:38 pm

I am a newbie too..help!

Hey there people, i am sorry to trouble you guys..but could you help me out abit here DarkPacMan77? I have a 3.02 software and i can play .ISO games, does this mean i can also play other homebrew games / apps designed for 1.5?

I have just bought my PSP recently in indo..at the system information, it is written as "System Software 3.02 OE-B"
At the games section in my Memory Stick, i have these programes
1. "Return to 1.5 from FW2.xx"
2. "Device hook PSP Firmware Emulator"

If i want to use apps designed for 1.5 (such as a PSP Alarm V0.5), what should i do? Downgrade to 1.5 and Download Dark_Alex's firmware 3.10?

Appreciate all the help i can get, thnx in advanced!
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:51 pm

I suggest you upgrade to version 3.03 oe-c. It is nice and easy as long as you follow instructions CLOSELY. I have made a master list of good information for newbies like yourself, it is called the "Master Guide to all Tutorials" and it will help you out a lot.

You need to learn some basics, but in short, you don't need to downgrade to play stuff that is "dedicated for version 1.50". The custom firmware versions can do that as it is. I suggest 3.03 oe-c b/c it is the best right now.

If you wanted to use psp alarm you would have to download the program, then place the files where they are supposed to be. You will find out how to install homebrew if you read the readme.txt file that comes with psp programs. Nearly all homebrew will be loaded in that same way.

I'd like to help you out more, but maybe you don't even know how to use Winzip or Winrar (they are programs for the PC). If you don't know how to use them, I suggest learning THAT first.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

PsyliX

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:28 am

Thanx

hey Man, thnx for the quick reply, yea i think i can manage with the winzip and winrar :oops: lol...maybe im not running the correct firmware..cuz i downloaded the program put it in the root folder and everything as its told in the redme.txt but it says data corrupted when i tried to exceute it..or somewhere along that line..so yea

Thnx for the help though, appreciate it. :D

Return to PSP Tutorials