Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

2.0+ Homebrew Tutorial (BY: CLMT)

<<

Jelly

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon May 22, 2006 12:06 pm

Very nice tutorial mate :) Because of this I registered here, hopefully I'll do some good :P

EDIT: Scott I'll try it when I get my GTA game within' the next few days - you tried re-installing eLoader?

PSP Jap v1.5 (2.00 Original)
1GB Sony Pro Duo
GTA:LCS
Pursuit Force
<<

PSPdude101

Young Brewer

Post Thu May 25, 2006 11:39 am

Cool tutorial thanks now i can play homebrew one question how do you put in other emulators and were can you get them
<<

Mailas

Post Thu May 25, 2006 2:36 pm

Other emus can be found here:
http://www.pspbrew.com/index.php?page=p ... p&packId=1
Select 2.0+ if you dont have a 1.50 PSP and select the emulator you want.
Also to put in other emus is very easy. You just gotta place the folder in the GAME folder by making a GAME folder in your PSP folder of your mem stick.
<<

PSPdude101

Young Brewer

Post Fri May 26, 2006 11:18 am

thanxs
<<

Mailas

Post Fri May 26, 2006 2:58 pm

no problem :wink:
<<

speakers

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:57 am

Ok,so do you still need grand theft auto for vesion 2.00?
<<

shadox

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:10 am

no, you can use fanjita's eboot loader for 2.0.. gta is not required for homebrew on 2.0..
<<

Jay-Jay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:45 am

Postmarking this tute for myself if I ever need to do tihs for a PSP 2.0+.

How far a firmware does this procudure work for? Up to 2.60?
Stylin' with a "Phat" PSP CFW: 5.00 M33-6 w/Kernel 150 add-on 5.00
<<

speakers

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:28 am

So,I read that if you download fanjitas eboot loader on to your psp,you wouldnt be able to get a usb connection anymore?

Sorry for such a dumb question.
<<

iowesd

Post Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:15 am

how to get the roms file in smc. format :?
<<

Mailas

Post Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:53 am

Not true, you will always be able to connect your psp via to your PC with your USB.
<<

aithendodge

Post Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:14 pm

firmware 2.71

So I just bough my PSP a few weeks ago, and I've got firmware 2.71, I've tried the GTA eloader, and it's not working. I want to be able to play Final Fantasy!!! So does the eloader not work with 2.71? It keeps telling me the data is corrupted. Any help is awesome guys.

thanks
<<

im_on_teh_computer

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:21 pm

Umm, you really need to read other posts to know this kind of information, you are not able to run any homebrew on a 2.7 and 2.71 PSP, you are screwed, so that's about it. You don't need to be here asking about homebrew on 2.7+ because nobody has a way to run any on it. For any type of information please look for the right thread on how you can run anything on your psp and what you need to be able to do it.
Back, and playing with my "zompsp".
<<

aithendodge

Post Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:44 pm

okay

That's interesting. I thought this thread was about playing ROMS on a PSP 2.0+ via the GTA autoloader. Considering that's what my question was, it lead me to believe I had the right thread. I had also gotten the impression this was a friendly community full of helpful and courteous individuals. Apparently I was wrong on all counts.
If you
LOOK over the thread and can find anything to indicate that the thread is not about getting emulators to work with PSP firmware version 2.0+, maybe you could cut and paste it in a reply, because I'm obviously too much of a moron to know how to read.

thanks
<<

im_on_teh_computer

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:40 am

Sorry if I came off as a bit rude, but we have people here asking if they can play homebrew on their 2.7 and 2.71's everyday, while clearly they don't have to ask because someone has already answered that, and 2.7/1 firmware has no current means of emulation, sorry to put you off but asking questions that have been answered too many times should be researched before you need to ask. This is a very friendly site, but some of us get tired of people asking the same question when 300 other people have already asked and been answered. Sorry yet again, but to anyone else in the future you may want to see if any topics you are wondering about have been answered, that's one of the reasons for forums being public, you can see if someone asked the question or what they needed and instead of someone else coming in and asking the same thing while the information is there is kind of like a student asking what time school is over, but it clearly state when in their school issued organizer/planner. Hope you understand that I wasn't trying to be rude, and I probably should have just posted a link, but it just gets old, you know? Sorry yet again and I hope I didn't convince you to steer away from this site because it is very informative, and I'd be happy to help anyone who needs some extreme noob help, but make sure it isn't as obvious as to what the eLoader is, more so "where do these files go; I put them in this area but it doesn't load", those are more of the kind of questions to ask, because a lot of people want to know if their 2.7+'s have any hope for homebrew in the future. So just wait, something good will definately happen. :) .
----edit----
Just to try to be a bit helpful, I'm sure you have already found some thread like this but this is one of the many threads that contain options for the 2.7+ user.
Back, and playing with my "zompsp".
PreviousNext

Return to PSP Tutorials