<<

Samineru

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:59 am

Mailas Gonrai wrote:more faster

More faster? I thought you had learned Mailas!
<<

mightydustloop

Post Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:03 pm

PSPortable wrote:Yea, that happened too me, just redo that step. When you do it right, you should have other odd files in your ROOT file. that's when you put in the UPDATE file of the 1.50 and then load that up, everything from then should work fine. Try it...

Kept trying and never could get it to work. Then I put some homebrew on it anyway, and guess what, it worked. I bought this thing off Ebay, and I have no idea how they managed it, but this thing is running 1.5 firmware yet stating "version 2.00" on the system information screen. That's why it couldn't see those image files. 1.50 firmware can't read them. I spent hours trying to get 1.50 firmware on this thing it's been running on it the entire time.

I don't think that's what's supposed to happen if the downgrade is successful, so I have no idea how the system wound up this way. Fine with me. I'll just have to keep it at this firmware. 2.00 games still won't run on it or anything, but if I try to update to 2.00 firmware with an Eboot file, it gives me the "cannot run because it's not a higher firmware" message. I have no idea how the system got this way, but it runs like 1.5, so I'll get over it, and I'll just keep the firmware where it is.
<<

reaver77

Post Sun May 28, 2006 1:40 am

Bricking

don't think that's what's supposed to happen if the downgrade is successful, so I have no idea how the system wound up this way. Fine with me. I'll just have to keep it at this firmware. 2.00 games still won't run on it or anything, but if I try to update to 2.00 firmware with an Eboot file, it gives me the "cannot run because it's not a higher firmware" message. I have no idea how the system got this way, but it runs like 1.5, so I'll get over it, and I'll just keep the firmware where it is.

There is, somewhere on the MANY psp boards I have been surfing, a program or method that mentions the exact thing the your psp has going on with it. The theory behind this method is that is is suppose to let you play UMD games that require 2.0.

Now on with my question, for any of you that fancy yourselves as experts.. :roll:

What are the exact terms of bricking? So in other words why does a psp 'brick'?? What is actually going on that locks the psp into that bricked mode? Perhaps if we know that then maybe we can establish what psp's can be downgraded and which can't... maybe all the peeps that have had theirs bricked have been starting with the 2.0 OS (when they originally bought it), and when they try and downgrade there is no backup OS to go to.. I would also be interested in the percentages of this orcurance (roughly speaking). I have a Original 1.5 psp, and I upgraded to 2.0 so I could play GTA (the only game that I have as of yet), but I really, REAllY don't envy the idea of screwing my psp up in order to play ripped UMD's..

So really How safe is it?

:twisted: Reaver :twisted:
:twisted: Reaver :twisted:
<<

Mirado

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:31 am

What about if your PSP doesn't brick, but it won't downgrade?

When I try this:
Step 8. Now, with your PlayStation Portable, go to your photo icon which is located on the main menu screen of your PlayStation Portable. Click X on the photo icon, and now you should be at a black screen with numbers (this is normal) . Count to about 30-40 seconds and if your PlayStation Portable did not turn off, then manually, you should turn it off by holding the power button up until your PlayStation Portable turns off. NOTE: If your PlayStation Portable turns off right when you clicked on the photo icon, then I'm afraid to say, but your PlayStation Portable is bricked. If it didn't you've managed it and past through the bricking part.

It doesn't brick, but it freezes when I go into the photo menu and then turns off.

What does this mean?

Also, I would suggest putting a warning uptop that this tutorial could possibly lead to your PSP being useless.

I know I wouldn't have tried in the first place if I'd known what "bricked" means. =p
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:41 am

Well, I havent done it personally but it could be your TIFF exploit isnt set up right. To be totally honest, I would go check another PSP site and use their tutorial.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:07 pm

I'm taking the sticky off of this b/c it is very outdated/ not used anymore. If anyone disagrees (with a valid point) and wants to PM me about it, feel free to.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
Previous

Return to PSP Tutorials