you guys want us to stay on topic
<<

.Vault

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:23 pm

yea guys.... all of these rules?!? im starting to feel like im in nazi camp with ZERO freedom!! honestly if i came to this forum as a newbrewer i wouldnt want to stay here at all with all these damn rules...

Sigs- i can understand why their is a limit.
Racism- its just not right
Being an Asshole- u deserve to get a temp ban.
CURSING- YOUR VIOLATING AMERICAS FREEDOM OF SPEECH!! its a right we have to say what we want! i think that includes curses..

also making jokes about someone playfull and getting offtopic. its just dumb to get warnings about that... i think just stick to simple obvious rules... LIKE WE HAD BEFORE THIS TOPIC!!
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:57 pm

RACISM IS NOT OKAY IN ANY FORM WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it's just not right as you say and as for the cursing, there are such thigs as parents and when the come on this site and se F!@# S!@# P!@ B!@#$ then they're definetly not gonna tell anyone to join.
PS3 Friend Name:Supashay91
Passion,Joy,Sorrow,Pain and tears.
They will all be pabulum of your life.
<<

Mailas

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:58 pm

exactly.
Not just parents but also little kids under the age of 12.
Seriously, the cussing has to stop and the flaming and discrimination has to stop.
<<

Samineru

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:15 pm

Registration Agreement wrote:While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.

I emphasize You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:16 pm

that just about hits the nail on the head...
PS3 Friend Name:Supashay91
Passion,Joy,Sorrow,Pain and tears.
They will all be pabulum of your life.
<<

shadox

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:17 pm

Samineru wrote:
Registration Agreement wrote:While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.

I emphasize You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material

And once people don't listen to those, as we have seen, thats when these rules need to come into play...
<<

Mailas

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:34 pm

You know, I dont see why we just don't use that as our rules?
It seems pretty straight forward for a forum like ours.
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:42 pm

Wow...5 pages already?! :shock:
<<

psicryptor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:59 pm

im a little apprehensive as to where all this frantic scramble to make rules is leading. While most of these rules discussed are worth enforcing, i hope the admins will be considerate and will judge every rule by its context.

Sometimes rules need to be bent by members for reasons that are not understandable to everyone.
Being the admin, he should take the trouble to understand the reason before acting. This is all i hope for.

More than anything i fear that authority on this site can turn out to be too intimidating:
For example the moment malias became mod i knew it just by reading his posts... He seems to be bullying some ppl. (Really don wanna argue bout this mailas, im sorry just using you as an example.) Whereas I still have no idea if PStationPV2 is mod or not...
Mods and admins need to be discreet and their reasoning should be above petty common bickering. With the authority you guys have, all i ask is you exercise it with caution and an open-mind.

I donot have to worry much as im quite adaptible and like this site. Just hoping hard rules dont scare away new ppl or the existing ones.
"A dangerous deed, indeed, to contend with the man who sold the world!"
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:02 pm

PstationP is indeed a mod, but not a full timer like myself or Devils. He is only modding for one forum.

If he continues to contribute, he will go higher. -and as far as the mailas things go, I think I am seeing what you are seeing..
<<

Samineru

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:04 pm

Mailas Gonrai wrote:You know, I dont see why we just don't use that as our rules?
It seems pretty straight forward for a forum like ours.

Those are our rules.
<<

psicryptor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:05 pm

i really dont wanna tattle tale on mailas. I think he'll fine tune over time. And what i meant bout Pstation is that he is discreet like you and dana... thats a good thing. coupled with good judgement i think its invaluable. Hope you guys get what im tryin to say here...
"A dangerous deed, indeed, to contend with the man who sold the world!"
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 4 times

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:18 pm

Just a reminder peeps, these are just IDEAS and does not reflect the real rules. But it will be put into thought.
As for mailas. Hes only the mod of the hardware review section. Hes not full time mod. And as for the open mind stuff. Yes, we are opened minded. If not, then we wouldnt be letting you make the rules now huh. :wink:
But we are forced into taking action on what is unapropriate (homophobia, spams, double post, trash talk, racism, etc)
<<

in_da_house

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:41 pm

this site isnt bad anyway apart from my swearin but other things are cool
PreviousNext

Return to Announcements